Tuesday, March 8, 2016

DATING GUIDE : SHOULD I GO ON A DATE

DATING GUIDE – SHOULD I GO ON A DATE…?
Romantic Musings
A Spoof
By
VIKRAM KARVE


A few days ago – a “girl” asked me out on a date.

Since I am “out of date” on “dating” – I decided to re-check the meaning of the term “dating”.

So – I ‘Googled’ the word “Dating” – and the top hit was the Wikipedia Page on “Dating”.

Here is the first line on “Dating” from the Wikipedia Page on Dating (url: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dating accessed on 07 March 2016):

Dating is a part of the human mating process whereby two people meet socially for companionship, beyond the level of friendship, or with the aim of each assessing the other’s suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or marriage.

From the definition of “dating” above – I surmise that the principal objective of “dating” is “to assess the suitability of the ‘Dating Partner’ for an “Intimate Relationship” or as a prospective Wife/Husband”.

So – in the light of the definition of dating – I reflected on the “moot question”:

“Should I accept the girl’s dating proposal and go out on a date with her?”

Well – I ruminate on the two salient aspects of the “dating definition”:

1. I am married – in fact – I am “much married” for 33 years 9 months 9 days to the same wife – and – I do not intend to divorce my wife and marry the “girl”.

Actually – even if I want to marry the “girl” – it may not be feasible – since my wife may not be very eager to divorce me.

So – why waste time and resources “assessing” the girl’s “suitability” as a “prospective wife” – when I know that marrying her is not possible.

Now – whether the “girl” wants to “date” me in order to assess my “suitability” as a “Prospective Husband” – well – you will have to ask her.

2. And – as far as the “intimate relationship” aspect is concerned – the less said the better.


So – sadly – for me – the pleasure of “dating” is ruled out.  

Well – you may console me and say: “Why don’t you take your wife out on a date…?”

Come on – don’t be crazy – do you want me to assess her suitability for an “intimate relationship” or as a “prospective wife” after being married to her for 33 years 9 months and 9 days…? 

So – since “dating” is ruled out for me – all I can do is to wish my one and only “better half” – and all my “girlfriends” – a very Happy Women’s Day. 

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. This story is a spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
2. All Stories in this Blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (All Rights Reserved)

© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

No comments: