Monday, May 12, 2014

PET PARENTING – LOVE AND LOYALTY

PET PARENTING – LOVE AND LOYALTY

Last Monday, one week ago, when my pet dog Sherry was in a critical condition, dangerously ill with a life-threatening illness, in the veterinary hospital, we had two choices:

1. Put her to sleep (Euthanasia)

2. Try our best to save her life and put in all our efforts to nurse her out of her severe illness

We chose the second option.

The last one week has passed in a daze – twice a day visits to the veterinary clinic for Sherry’s treatment, her diet, her medicines, her twice a day injections of insulin, sitting with Sherry, feeding her, talking to her and comforting her – all of us, my wife, my son, daughter-in-law, and daughter, even my old mother and mother-in-law, and, most importantly, the veterinary doctors, we are all contributing, trying our best to save Sherry.

For me, Sherry is not a dog – she is a member of my family – and I will try and do everything possible for her like I would do for my children, for Sherry is just like a human daughter to me.

For 8 long years, Sherry has given me her unconditional love and devoted loyalty.

Now, it is time for me to give her the same love and loyalty in return. 

No comments: