Friday, October 6, 2017

Unfinished Task

UNFINISHED TASK
Musings of a Veteran
By
VIKRAM KARVE

This morning I browsed through one of my favourite short stories – THE SNOWS OF KILIMANJARO by Ernest Hemingway

It is a poignant story about a writer who is dying near Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa. 

As he lies on his deathbed – the writer speaks of his impending death and he ruminates about his life experiences – particularly regretting the fact that he never reached his full potential as a writer.  

The dying man’s thoughts struck a chord:

“So now it was all over, he thought. He would never have a chance to finish it…Now he would never write the things that he had saved to write…

The dying man – a writer – he was regretting - that he would never be able to write the things he wanted to write – before his death – he was lamenting that he would not be able to write the things he had saved to write.

Sometimes – I feel the same way.

I have so many things that I want to write – so many my stories – the myriad untold stories perambulating in my mind waiting to be told.

Yes – I have to tell the world all the stories germinating and resonating eagerly inside my brain – waiting to come out of my brain – via my fingers and the keyboard – onto my blogs.  

I am past 60 now – a Senior Citizen – in the last phase of my life.

Do I have enough time left to finish writing what I want to write…?

Will I be able to write all the stories in my mind and post them on my blog…?

In all other aspects of my life – I have done my duties – I have finished off my obligations – and the only thing left for me to do in this lifetime – is to write my stories – as my legacy for posterity.

That is all I have left to offer to this world – my stories – my thoughts – my “wisdom”.

This is my only “unfinished task” – to write the stories perambulating in my mind and post them on my blogs – for the world to read and enjoy.

And once I have written all my stories and posted them on my blogs – I am truly ready for “departure” from this world.

Dear Reader – with each passing day – as I approach the “inevitable” – time is running out for me to complete my “unfinished task”.

So – let me get on with the job with maximum zest and renewed vigour – and – I will write, write, write – and – blog, blog, blog – with full gusto.

I will “Bash on Regardless” – till I finish my “unfinished task” – or – till I am “finished” – whichever happens earlier. 

VIKRAM KARVE
Copyright © Vikram Karve 
1. If you share this post, please give due credit to the author Vikram Karve
2. Please DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Please DO NOT Cut/Copy/Paste this post
© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
1. This blog post is a spoof, satire, pure fiction, just for fun and humor, no offence is meant to anyone, so take it with a pinch of salt and have a laugh.
2. All stories in this blog are a work of fiction. Events, Places, Settings and Incidents narrated in the stories are a figment of my imagination. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Copyright Notice:
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the Blog Author Vikram Karve who holds the copyright.
Copyright © Vikram Karve (All Rights Reserved)

© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

No comments: