Saturday, January 16, 2016

BYO - BYOB / BYOF

BYO - BYOB / BYOF

BYO / BYOB (Bring Your Own Booze) restaurants in New Zealand reminded me of our Navy Bachelor Days when we carried our Booze with us in "Hip Flasks" - especially when we went out in the evenings in Mumbai (then called Bombay).

Of course - since there was no BYOB concept - there was no "corkage" either - and we had a "swig" straight "down-the-hatch" from the Hip-Flask - or added a "slug" to the glass of water served with food - as appropriate.

After I got married - my "hip flask" mysteriously vanished - and - instead of BYOB (Bring Your Own Booze) - I had to resort to BYOF (Bring Your Own Food).

In view of the "outstanding" culinary skills of my "Better Half" - whenever I invited friends over for dinner - I would tell them: "Please BYOF (Bring Your Own Food) - I have plenty of Booze in the house - so there is no need to BYOB - but please BYOF..."

Now - after retirement - there is no booze in my house - so - if I invite you for dinner - you will have to do both - BYOB and BYOF... 

So - when are you coming for dinner...?

No comments: