Friday, July 13, 2012

WAKAD PUNE - Poor Internet Connectivity

BSNL Landline Broadband Internet is NOT AVAILABLE in Rohan Tarang Wakad Pune hence the only available option is to use Slow Unreliable Wireless Reliance Netconnect USB Modem which keeps disconnecting due to erratic signal strength.


(Other USB Modems have almost zero signal so the only option is Reliance Netconnect)


What is the point of having 3G and 4G if the signals are so weak and fluctuate erratically so much?


And just imagine, Wakad is just a stone's throw away from the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi InfoTech IT Park at Hinjewadi and they call Pune a Hi Tech City?


It is really a sad state of affairs if decent broadband internet cannot be provided in a metro like Pune. I wonder how the Techies who live in Wakad tolerate this - or maybe they get plenty of fast internet in their workplaces so do not spend much time online at home.


I hope BSNL or some good internet service provider facilitates fast reliable internet connectivity in Wakad Pune.


So, before you plan to relocate to Wakad or Hinjewadi (or buy a house in Pune or wherever) do remember to check up regarding broadband internet connectivity.


If anyone knows of a good and reliable Internet Service Provider in Wakad, please be so good as to tell us.


Of course, if Reliance Communication improves the Reliance Netconnect Broadband Service then that will the best thing that can happen to the online techies of Wakad. 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused.

Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own
blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really loved what you had to say,
and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!
Also see my website: new proxies

Hegde said...

Totally true. I wish, I could include this in my blog.

AJ said...

you can try Tikona its good as i am staying in wakad and using from last 6 month as had no issue
planes are as well good i am using SME plane 1mbps for day and 512k for night and getting the speed good till now
and support form tikona is also good

thanks
AJ@y

Anonymous said...

I know his Article now is more than 6 months old.. I just want to know if there is still connectivity problem in Wakad area??

Anonymous said...

I know this Article now is more than 6 months old.. I just want to know if there is still internet connectivity problem in Wakad area??

Vikram Waman Karve said...

Dear Anonymous,
At least in South Wakad the status is the same.
No BSNL Broadband as yet, and there are mixed opinions about other private ISPs.
So Reliance Netconnect USB toggle is the best bet though speeds are very slow sometimes due to varying signal strength.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Vikram for nice information. Am worrying now as am moving to Wakad in couple of days and internet with good speed is mandatory for me :(.

Tikona is not providing services near my place.

Can any one suggest good service provider name near Chaudhary Park, Wakad?.

Thanks
Naren

Neel Gagan said...

Hi Vikram, I recently moved into your neighborhood and totally share your sense of frustration with wireless network providers data coverage ! I have been struggling between a totally pathetic Vodafone plan and a somewhat tolerable Airtel network (roaming from Karnataka). I have been trying to find the answer to this question myself.

On a diffferent note, I have You Broadband and Suvarna cable network. Curiously both services disappear in the morning at around 6 am. When they were restored these past couple of days, they both came up at the same time ! They are independent service providers, so not sure I see the connection.

Thanks for your postings. You seem to be an island of consumer awareness in an ocean of apathy from service providers and consumers alike to quality of service.

Unknown said...

can anyone please help me with internet connection i live opposite to polaris in sai aatarv building .i tried tikona they say no covergage pls if somebody could help me on this

Vikram Waman Karve said...

Hi Anamika,
It seems the best option in wakad is "toggle" reliance netconnect or tata docomo etc

Neel Gagan said...

Anamika, I have YOU Broadband service and after a few initial hiccups, it has stabilized. Try and see if they offer coverage. http://youbroadband.in

Prashant said...

I am using BSNL broadband since 4-5 months now and its been reliable too. Its via Parth telecom franchise so cant get combo plans. But overall I have great problems with mobile networks so cant rely on them.

Until Airtel BB comes in my building I will stick with BSNL

Anonymous said...

It is a sad fact that Wakad is given step motherly treatment. As if poeple who stay here dont pay taxes.I have been using Tata Teleservices Broadband internet with huge disappointment. I cannot switch to any other provider as Tata has a monopoly in my building. I am typing this post using my ph airtel's Edge connection. I am seriously pondering over to relocate to my hometown and desperately waiting to get a job. Whats the point of living in pune when i am forced to stay in wakad gaon let alone calling pune a metro.

Anonymous said...

Can anyone help me to know who is good internet service provider in wakad area?