Monday, January 23, 2012

WHO DO YOU WANT TO MARRY ?

A GIRL IS SEARCHING FOR A SUITABLE BOY




I met the smart young girl this morning.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I have decided to get married,” she said.

“How come?”

“Well I am almost 25. And now I am well settled in my career too.”

“Love Marriage?”

“No. No. Arranged Marriage. Why don’t you help me find a suitable boy?”

“Okay. What’s your preference? Who do you want to marry?”

“Anyone will do.”

“Anyone?”

“Yes. Doctor, Engineer, MBA, CA, IT Techie, Businessman … anyone suitable … except …”

“Except?”

“Well I don’t want to marry anyone from the Merchant Navy, Defence Forces or a Teacher, Professor, Scientist…you know one of those academic and research types.”

I smiled. Her father is a Merchant Navy Officer. Her maternal grandfather was an Army Officer. Her paternal grandfather was an academic type (a Ph.D., a research scientist).


Dear Reader - any comments?

4 comments:

Seema said...

hahaha.....nice....I think every girl think like that.

Vikram Waman Karve said...

@ Seema - really? do they?

SHIVANGI. said...

im getting marry with navy boy soon...n im happy & proud of his profession.ofcrs i was also worried n was having my own d'outs as no1 frm my family or around me is from defense so i asked and cleared my d'out n nw im xcited to b a part of defence family.

Vikram Waman Karve said...

@ Shivangi - That's good. Congratulations. I am sure you will enjoy being a part of the naval family