Wednesday, November 9, 2011

ROAD RAGE


FRUSTRATION and ROAD RAGE

I once had a terrible boss. Every morning, he used to reach office in a foul mood and start shouting at everyone which would spoil our mood and vitiate the office atmosphere for the entire day.

When I complained to the big boss and asked for a move out of the department, he said that my boss had a very unhappy family life and hence he took out all his bottled up anger on us.

He told me ignore the ranting of my boss, not to worry and offered me this rational explanation, “People who are unhappy at home vent out their frustrations in office. Similarly people who are unhappy in their work life go home and take it out on their families.”

“And what about people who are unhappy at work and also unhappy at home?” I asked, tongue in cheek.

“I don’t know,” he said.

“I’ll tell you,” I said, “people who are frustrated at work and also have an unhappy family life - they take out their frustrations while commuting to work and back home – these are the road-rage types who are always on a short fuse and holler at the slightest instance at their fellow travellers in the traffic and even at their vehicles.”

No comments: