Sunday, February 27, 2011

DO YOU WANT TO KEEP A PET DOG

Are you thinking of getting a pet dog?

Remember that it is going to be a genuine long-term commitment and your life will change forever.


The pet dog is going to be a new member of your family.


Before you bring the pet dog into your home and your life it would be worthwhile to read this:

THE TEN PET DOG COMMANDMENTS



1. My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that when you get me to your home and into your life and family.
 
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me – it is crucial for my well-being.

4. Please don't be angry at me for long, and please don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Always treat me with care and love. I will never forget it.

7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hands, but that I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food, or I have been out in the sun or in the cold too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys, especially my last journey. Never say: 'I can't bear to watch it', 'let it happen in my absence' or 'I am tired of you'. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I Love You.

BOW WOW


If you are thinking of getting a dog into your home, as a family member, remember you are you are making a commitment to that dog for its lifetime, probably even more than your own children.

Dogs are incredibly loyal and are simply happy just being around you and give you unconditional joy, love and friendship. 

 
Your dog is your best friend and confidante, because while you can hide your emotions from another human, you cannot hide them from your dog.

Remember,
your girlfriend or boyfriend may dump you,
your spouse may divorce you,
your children may abandon you,
your parents may disown you,
your relatives may distance themselves from you,
your colleagues may shun you,
your neighbours may ostracize you,
but your dog will always love you, be loyal to you and never leave your side 

(yes, you may try to get rid of your dog, but your dog will always love you and never leave you of its own accord, and your dog will never forget you till his dying day).

So, once the dog joins your family, invest your love and time to build a special bond that only a dog can offer. Build a long-term permanent and unique relationship with your dog. You'll be happy you did.




VIKRAM KARVE

VIKRAM KARVE educated at IIT Delhi, ITBHU Varanasi, The Lawrence School Lovedale, and Bishop's School Pune, is an Electronics and Communications Engineer by profession, a Human Resource Manager and Trainer by occupation, a Teacher by vocation, a Creative Writer by inclination and a Foodie by passion. An avid blogger, he has written a number of fiction short stories and creative non-fiction articles in magazines and journals for many years before the advent of blogging. He has written a foodie book Appetite For A Stroll and a book of fiction short stories COCKTAIL being published soon and is busy writing his first novel and with his teaching and training assignments. Vikram lives in Wakad Pune with his family and pet DobermanX girl Sherry, with whom he takes long walks thinking creative thoughts.

Academic and Creative Writing Journal Vikram Karve:
http://karvediat.blogspot.com

 
Professional Profile of Vikram Karve: http://www.linkedin.com/in/karve
 
Creative Writing by Vikram Karve: http://vikramkarve.sulekha.com/blog/posts.htm




© vikram karve., all rights reserved.

1 comment:

ambs said...

Wonderful blog! Please do visit my blog as well: http://ambsalways.blogspot.com/